SCTA crew was able to get all trails groomed and track set this morning. Temperatures were a little on the warm side so watch for spots where the equipment caused some grooves. Overall trails look nice and should set up nice overnight. Enjoy it while it’s still here.
KHGA groomer was out last night and SCTA crew this morning to get all trails groomed and track set. There was a light snow, but trails came out great. If your like me and didn’t qualify for Sochi, head on up to Silver Crest trails for some great snow this weekend.
All trails were groomed and track was set this morning by the SCTA crew. Because of the cold weather this week the KHGA groomer was unable to groom the trails last night. So there are some rough areas, but overall trails are looking good and should be great skiing this weekend. Thanks Fen!
After a few days of heavy snow all trails were groomed and track set today. It was snowing at times, but trails looked good all thing considered. Some of the track was filling in as we cut them, and the trails were a little soft still. I expect the colder temperatures will have the trails firmed up quickly.
It was another fabulous morning up at Silver Crest. All trails were groomed and track was set. Parking lot was plowed and plenty of people were out enjoying the warmer temperatures and great skiing.
As you may know, grooming and maintenance of the Silver Crest Trails is accomplished through a combination of donated funds from our trail users & supporters, and from a recreational trails grant administered through the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife & Parks. Each year we reapply for the grant, and a critical part of the application (and receiving funding) is providing letters of support from our trail users.
Please, if you can take a few minutes, send us your letter of support. It need not be long or wordy – just a short paragraph will do. Let us & the Recreational Trails Grant committee know just how the Silver Crest Trails are important to you, and why we need to keep them funded.
You may send your letter either by postal mail or email to:
Silver Crest Trails Association – 665 Wilson Butte Road, Great Falls, MT 59405 email@example.com
Please send your letter by Feb 21, 2014.
Ideas for content that might apply to you:
You are a…
- skate skier or classic skier who finds this to be the closest groomed Nordic skiing to Great Falls or White Sulphur Springs.
- snowshoe enthusiast who enjoys the signed, marked, scenic trails.
- family who enjoys bringing kids to Silver Crest to teach them how to xc ski, snowshoe and generally enjoy the winter outdoors.
- new trail user this year.
- tried-and-true trail user for many years.
- Snow Fest or Winter Trails Day attendee who had an enjoyable experience.
- Nordic skier or snowshoer who enjoys recreating at Silver Crest while other members of the family downhill ski at Showdown or snowmobile on the area trails.
- Winter recreationalist who enjoys the fact that so many opportunities exist at Kings Hill: Silver Crest Trails, Kings Hill Cabin, Showdown Ski Area, 200+ miles of groomed snowmobile trails, other nearby xc ski, snowshoe, and backcountry ski opportunities, all along a scenic byway.
- Resident of another town, state or country who enjoys stopping at Silver Crest to recreate.
- … or any other aspects of the Silver Crest Trails that are important to you.
Thank you for your support! See you on the trails.
It was a beautiful, warm, calm day up at Silver Crest Trails today. All trails were groomed and track set. Trails looked fantastic and were firm and fast. Should make for a great weekend of skiing ahead.